My latest culinary creation: the turnip blossom. The petal design really helps it soak up all the flavours!
- Cut the turnip in a rose pattern starting at the edge and moving towards the middle (see photo below to see what it looked like)
- Pour the flavours into the cracks.
- I used balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice, but you can sub in your faves.
- Put it in the oven at 350º and every half an hour I pulled apart the “petals” carefully without cracking them. I
- Keep testing the softness of the flesh with a fork until it feels done enough for your liking (took about two hours total).