Today I made some homemade turnip fries with a smoky tomato/apple chutney dip. It’s an easy way to make turnip more interesting and fun!
- Pre-head oven to 350º
- Cut turnip into fry shapes
- Put the fried on a pan and sprinkle some salt, spices, and oils/vinegars
- Cook them as long as it takes to get them nice and soft yet crispy on the edges.
- I find it’s best to check on them every half hour, and once they’re close you can give them a few minutes of intense “broil” action (watch them carefully so you don’t end up with a pile of turnip ashes)
- While they’re cooking blend up some tasty veggies, oils, vinegars, and spices to make a dip.
- I usually just use whatever is most pressing to be eaten in the fridge as a base, and then add balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and some fresh herbs.